Hardwood Floor Refinishing
Hardwood Refinish Benefits
Hardwood Flooring is a very popular option for many great reasons. Hardwood floors come in a variety of types, finishes, thicknesses, and widths, so you are bound to find a style that will bring together your entire home and leave you very happy with the final result.
- Hardwood performs better than carpet in areas of the home that have higher traffic volume such as stairs or entryways. This is due to the wood’s natural hardness. Keep in mind wood is not the best option if the area you are covering is susceptible to water or moisture. For these areas you may want to consider an option such as luxury vinyl plank.
- Hardwood flooring year-over-year has been the preferred flooring choice for home buyers. Home buyers are willing to pay more for the same exact home if it has hardwood floors in it. Hardwood has proven to increase home value and increase the look and feel of a home. Depending on whether your floor is solid hardwood or engineered hardwood, expect to refinish it 3-5 times during its lifetime (varies case by case).
- A great benefit of refinishing your hardwood floors is you can stain them with a color of your choice to match the latest trends over time.
- Engineered woods, for the most part, cannot be refinished unless the product has a thick enough top wood layer. A good solid hardwood floor can last you a lifetime if you take good care of it. Hardwood floors can transform the look of a home and take it to the next level especially with all the colors, types, and wire-brushed options to choose from. Keep in mind that hardwood flooring is a natural product so no two floors will ever be identical to each other. The grains, colors, and knots will be different.
- Many manufacturers’ websites allow you to see hardwood you choose in showrooms within a larger picture so you can get a better idea of what the flooring will look like in your area. Hardwood floors are timeless and will always be a staple in the flooring industry.
If you have any questions about hardwood flooring feel free to give us a call and one of our flooring professionals will be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.